White Collar Crime Attorneys Spartanburg, SC
We understand how damaging it can be to one’s personal and professional reputation when accused of committing financially motivated, nonviolent “white collar crimes.” We also realize the very serious consequences that a conviction for a white collar crime carries. The penalties include fines, confiscation of property and time in prison.
Commonly Charged White Collar Crimes in South Carolina
We handle many commonly charged white collar crimes in South Carolina, including:
- Fraud (mortgage fraud, bank fraud, insurance fraud, health care fraud, securities fraud and Ponzi schemes)
- Tax evasion or tax fraud
- Insider trading
- Computer crimes (or “cybercrimes”)
- Money laundering
- Environmental crimes
- Bribery and public corruption
These cases often involve highly complex factual and legal issues. They may require exhaustive document reviews and consultation with financial and computer forensics experts. This is why it is crucial to work with a law firm that has a background in white collar criminal defense.
Get Help from a White Collar Crimes Attorney
If you have been charged with a white collar crime – or if you are facing an investigation – KD Trial Lawyers can assist you in many ways. We can:
- Stand by your side if you are questioned by prosecutors or investigators, including advising you to refrain from making any potentially incriminating statements
- Seek immunity for you in exchange for providing investigators with information or testimony before a grand jury
- Argue for a reasonable bond that will allow you to remain free until your trial
- Obtain discovery of the evidence that state or federal officials plan to use against you
- File pretrial motions that seek to have unlawfully obtained evidence thrown out of your case or the charges against you dropped due to insufficient evidence
- Negotiate with either the solicitor’s office or U.S. Attorney’s office to secure a plea arrangement that minimizes the consequences for you and your family
- Aggressively challenge the prosecution’s case at trial
- Argue for the lowest possible sentence if you are convicted
- Pursue an appeal to a higher court in South Carolina or the U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Keep in mind that white collar crimes are often prosecuted in the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina. The procedural rules and rules of evidence that apply in federal court are different from those in South Carolina state courts. This is why it is crucial to work with a firm such as KD Trial Lawyers, which routinely practices in federal court in addition to state court.
Time is of the essence when you are facing prosecution for a white collar crime. You should not wait to get legal help for your case. Contact us immediately.
Contact us and get started now.
Ready to take the next step? Fill out the short form below to get your consultation started. We will review your information and will be in touch shortly.
Do I Need a Lawyer If I Was Arrested with Delta 8, 9, or 10?
Can the Police Search my Car?
Can the Police Search my Cell Phone?
What Happens if I am in College and Just Got Arrested?
I Was Charged with Domestic Violence: Do I Need A Lawyer?
KD Trial Lawyers Welcomes New Criminal Defense Attorney, Jennifer E. Wells
Traffic Tickets: The Good, The Bad, and The UglyAttorney Steve Denton, Criminal, Steve Denton; Attorney Steve Denton; Upstate Law Firm, traffic ticket
Involved in an assault while defending yourself?Criminal, KD Trial Lawyers, rights, self defense, South Carolina, Steve Denton, Upstate Attorney
My uncle is special needs and was severely injures in two car accidents one resulting in severe damage to his body almost resulting in death. Luckily a friend recommended Tom Killoren and he was amazing.- Hannah B.
I cannot begin to share in words what the KD law firm has done for me, after spending most of my life protecting others, I ...- Christopher M.
In 2019, a friend recommended Wes Kissinger as an Attorney to represent me after I had been attacked by 5 dogs. Once I met with them, they immediately began working on my case.
I feel so blessed to have been represented by Attorney Kissinger.- Barbara L.
I wouldn’t go to any other attorney in the Upstate. Allison is exceptionally responsive, and I appreciate that she always answers questions personally and thoroughly.- Derek L.
Steve Denton is wonderful! He is very honest and efficient! Very easy to get an appointment with and a call back from! He doesn’t sugarcoat reality and I truly feel he cares about your situation.- Lexa M.
Throughout the process, he didn’t make it feel like business – he made it feel like family. Jeremy is professional and personable, and he made me feel comfortable.- James B.
We respect Ryan McCarty for his courtesy and knowledge; he is easy to talk to yet still very professional. I would recommend him without any misgivings.- Sue M.
They truly treat you like family. He was able to get me more money than I thought I would get in my settlement.- Matthew M.