No. You are legally obligated to comply with the court order that established your need to pay child support.

You could face serious consequences if you fail to pay child support, including fines, time in jail and/or other sanctions.

Once a South Carolina Family Court judge issues an order in a case, it is binding upon the parties.

With the help of your family law attorney, you could take the party violating the order back to Family Court and ask for a ruling that he or she is in violation of your order.

Please read more about how Child Support works in South Carolina.

Posted in: Family Law FAQs