Motorcycle Accident Lawyer serving Spartanburg & Greenville, SC
For many motorcyclists, riding a motorcycle is about freedom and fun. But even bikers who follow every law and safety rule still fall victim to bike wrecks caused by motorists.
South Carolina motorcyclists face injuries and death.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that more than 34,000 American motorcyclists were killed in an eight-year period. During that same time, more than one million motorcyclists were treated in emergency rooms in the United States. Unfortunately, both death rates and injury rates increased during that time period. In fact death rates increased by 55%.
The South Carolina personal injury attorneys at Harrison White, P.C. help injured motorcyclists recover compensation for their injuries. Our lawyers have helped clients recover millions of dollars in personal injury actions. Our lawyers know how to investigate motorcycle accident cases, prepare them for trial, and try them in front of a judge or a jury.
How do motorcycle accidents happen?
When a motorcycle-car accident occurs, the car’s driver is often to blame. A personal injury attorney can demonstrate how the driver’s actions caused the accident. Common motorcycle accident situations include:
- A driver who turns left in front of an oncoming motorcyclist.
- An aggressive driver who tries to edge a motorcyclist out of a lane.
- A distracted driver who doesn’t see the motorcyclist in the driver’s “blind spot.”
- A driver who pulls out in front of a motorcyclist.
- A driver who doesn’t signal and then tries to merge into the motorcyclist’s lane.
- A tractor-trailer that spills debris along the roadway.
- A driver who is speeding.
- A driver who is drinking or using drugs.
- A driver who is tailgating.
What types of injuries can occur?
A motorcycle offers virtually zero protection in the event of a crash. That’s why injuries in motorcycle accidents are often serious and, in some cases, deadly. A motorcyclist may suffer:
- Traumatic brain injury: Even riders who wear helmets may suffer brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries impact a person’s ability to think, speak, and move.
- Spinal cord injury: A rider whose spinal cord is damaged often suffers permanent injuries, including partial or complete paralysis.
- Road rash: Riders who slide across pavement often suffer skin abrasions.
- Bruises: A motorcyclist who falls from his bike may be seriously bruised.
- Broken limbs: Being thrown off a bike can cause a motorcyclist to break an arm or leg.
- Burns: If the bike or a car catches on fire, a rider may suffer serious burns.
- Disfigurement: A motorcyclist who suffers broken bones, lacerations, burns, and other injuries may be disfigured for life.
- Mental anguish: The trauma of surviving a motorcycle crash causes many victims to suffer from mental anguish and emotional distress.
- Death: Sadly, far too many riders lose their lives in motorcycle crashes.
Find out if our Spartanburg, South Carolina motorcycle accident attorneys can help you.
If you or your loved one was hurt in a motorcycle accident, call Harrison White, P.C. at 864-585-5100 or fill out our online form. We represent clients in personal injury cases in the areas of Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson.